7.4.11

Hypocontradiction

Buddy's place is looking for a new team!

This is where I've always wanted to be. What else could I ask for?

Got to meet up with the creative director and showed him my book. It went pretty well, but it is still too early to tell - I'm the first batch since their news of hiring. So, fingers crossed.

I called Buddy after I'm done. He was about to leave. Nice timing. And we went down for some drinks. It's been a while. Yeah, the usual stuffs of catching up. Ranting about our works. Especially clients.



We recalled a topic the last time we met.

At this agency, they have a liquor account. Almost every other agencies has an alcohol-related account. But what surprised me was, is how the Muslim staffs
(read, some) look at it.

All agencies has a studio. Where final artwork (FA) artists are placed. FA is where the last stage of an ad / design piece is made before it is send to the colour separators, printers, and suppliers. The Muslim FA artists at his place refuse to touch any of the work from that account.



"Tak halal!"



You read that right.

They won't do it even they are the only artists left in the studio. It really creates a problem.

Buddy is a man in faith. Holy, and has strong believe in Islam. Never miss his prayer, even there is no mosque or surau around. He'll just lay a mat in the office facing the arah kiblat, and start to pray. Even he is taken aback by their responses.

A portion of their pay, and/or bonuses are from that account. Would taking off a percentile from their pay justify their faith? And would they keep mums about it after their pay was justified? I'm sure no one will.

In that case, in what context they meant by tidak halal?

To me, it was more of an excuse to work less.

No comments:

Post a Comment